• The U.S. Ski Team had 22 World Cup podiums.
• Mikaela Shiffrin claimed both Olympic gold and a
crystal globe as well as her first career giant slalom
World Cup podium.
• Ted Ligety became the second American in history
to win two alpine gold medals. He also won his first
super combined in Wengen and was on the downhill podium for the first time in his career in
• Travis Ganong recorded his career first World Cup
podium in Kvitfjell.
• The alpine development department continued to build on
programs introduced to support ski racing from the grassroots
through to the elite level.
• The FIS National Training Groups completed their first year
very successfully at the U18 National Championships, with
all girls on the podium and half of the boys, as well. The U16
group also placed well at the U16 National Championships
with podium results.
• Regional staff continued the build out and delivery of
SkillsQuest, the national program for the establishment of
drills and tests that teach and measure fundamental skiing
• Youth coordinators worked with athletes U16 and younger in
the Eastern and Western Regions, reaching young athletes
and their coaches in most divisions.